A magical episode of the Literary New England Radio Show brought to you not from our home studio in Milford, Conn., but from the magical island of Martha’s Vineyard, Mass! Settle in at 8 pm Monday, Aug. 11, for conversations with:
- Josh Weil on The Great Glass Sea
- Lev Grossman on The Magician’s Land
- Amy Belding Brown on Flight of the Sparrow
- Kristen Harnisch on The Vintner’s Daughter
Listeners can win each of these novels!
An illustration of Laura Bridgman, subject of the recently-published historical novel What Is Visible by Cambridge, Mass., author Kimberly Elkins, which ran along with Barbara Kingsolver’s review of the novel in The New York Times. Hear Kimberly talk about this fascinating book and how it came to be in the Literary New England Radio Show archives.
For lovers of historical fiction, world issues and fascinating (and too-often little-known-about) stories from past and present, the Monday, August 4, 2014 episode of the Literary New England Radio Show is for you! Tune in at 8 p.m. for these fantastic author interviews and book giveaway:
- Kimberly Elkins on What Is Visible
- Katherine Howe on Conversion
- Rachel Urquhart on The Visionist
- Nadia Hashimi on The Pearl That Broke Its Shell